Father John Hannan
- 1955-1958: Immaculate Conception (Sacramento, CA)
- 1958-1960: Holy Family (Citrus Heights, CA)
- 1960-1962: St. Patrick (Sonora, CA)
- 1962-1963: St. Joseph (Marysville, CA)
- 1963-1965: Presentation Parish (Sacramento, CA)
- 1965-1974: Sacred Heart (Susanville, CA)
- 1974-1975: Our Lady of the Assumption (Carmichael, CA)
- 1975-1976: Sacred Heart (Alturas, CA)
- 1976-1986: St. Paul (Sacramento, CA)
- 1986-1987: Corpus Christi (Tahoe City, CA)
- 1987-1990: U.S. Navy chaplain, Hamilton Air Force Base (Novato, CA)
- 1990-1991: St. Patrick (Placerville, CA)
- 1991-1992: St. Peter (Dixon, CA)
- 1992-1996: Immaculate Conception (Sutter Creek, CA)
- 1996-1999: Holy Family (Weed, CA)
- 1999-2000: St. Joseph (Rio Vista, CA)
- 2000-2004: St. Philomene (Sacramento, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father John Hannan:
Although Fr. John Hannan retired in 2004, allegations weren’t reported to the Sacramento Diocese until 2011. When it was learned Hannan was accused of sexual abuse towards a minor female that occurred in 1977 while working at St. Paul in Sacramento, CA, Hannan’s faculties were removed.
Hanna is included in the Diocese of Sacramento list of priests credibly accused of child sexual abuse.
Hannan died in 2017 at the age of 87 in Sacramento, California. No information regarding other allegations during his 50-year career has been released yet.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Sacramento in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Sacramento now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.