Father John L. Farrand
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1946-1949: Canisius High School (Buffalo, NY)
- 1949-1954: Unknown
- 1955-1957: McQuaid Jesuit High School (Rochester, NY)
- 1957-1961: Regis High School (New York, NY)
- 1961-1972: Brooklyn Prep (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1972-1974: Ecole de Provence (Marseilles, France)
- 1974-1976: Colegio San Ignacio (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico)
- 1976-1997: The Loyola School (New York, NY)
- 1997-2003: New York Province Infirmary (New York, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father John L Farrand:
According to media reports, in January 2019, Fr. John L Farrand was included on the Jesuits’ list of “USA Northeast Province Jesuits with Credible Allegations of Sexual Abuse of a Minor.” It noted a report was made in 1961 alleging that he sexually abused multiple children that same year. He was accused of sexually abusing a student at Loyola high school in New York City 20 years later. It also noted that he reportedly admitted to the abuse.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.