Father John W. Byrnes
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1947-1962 Our Lady of Victory (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1962-1969 St. Peter Claver (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1969-1972 St. Gregory the Great (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1972-1974 St. Pascal Baylon St (Albans, NY)
- 1974-1977 Our Lady of Good Counsel (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1977-1979 Nativity-St. Peter Claver (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1979-1983 St. Gregory the Great (Bellerose, NY)
- 1983 Ss. Joachim and Anne (Queens Village, NY)
- 1982-1987 Queens County D.A.’s Office’s Second Chance Program
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father John W. Byrnes:
According to media reports, in September 2019, Father John W. Byrnes was named on the Diocese of Brooklyn’s updated list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors. The details of the allegations, including when and where the abuse occurred, are unknown. He retired in 2007 and died in 2014.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to email@example.com to discuss your options today.