Father Kevin Bray
Archdiocese of Newark/Benedictine
- 1952: St. Mary’s Monastery (Morristown, NJ)
- 1953-1957: Unknown
- 1963: In Brazil
- 1967-1969: Absent on Sick Leave
- 1969: St. Mary’s Abbey (Morristown, NJ)
- 1969-1973: Elizabeth of Hungary (Linden, NJ)
- 1973-1975: Sacred Heart (Elizabeth, NJ)
- 1978-1979: Notre Dame of Mount Carmel (Cedar Knolls, NJ)
- 1980-1985 St. Mary’s Abbey (Morristown, NJ)
- 1985-1989: Blessed Sacrament (Elizabeth, NJ)
- 1989-1990 St. Mary’s Abbey (Morristown, NJ)
- 1991-1993: Valley Hospital (Ridgewood, NJ)
- 1993: Veteran’s Association Hospital (East Orange, NJ)
- 1994-1995: St. Mary’s Abbey (Morristown, NJ)
- 1995-1996: Sacred Heart (Wilmington, DE)
- 1996-2000: St. Mary’s Abbey (Morristown, NJ)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Kevin Bray:
Father Kevin Bray, O.S.B. was a teacher and a Benedictine monk of St. Mary’s Abbey in Morristown, New Jersey. He taught for many years at the The Delbarton School, run by St. Mary’s Abbey and the Order of St. Benedict New Jersey.
In 2008, Bray was named in a lawsuit against the Delbarton school by two men claiming they were sexually abused by Bray when they were children at St. Elizabeth of Hungary Church in the Archdiocese of Newark when Bray worked there (from 1963-1973.)
On Dec. 1, 2019, New Jersey extended the statute of limitations for childhood sexual abuse lawsuits and allowed a two-year window for those who were previously barred from filing suits by time limits. At that time, the Order of St. Benedict of New Jersey faced at least 19 lawsuits alleging child sex abuse.
In 2020, three victims filed suits claiming they were sexually abused in the 1980s by four monks, including Fr. Bray. According to one suit, a victim states that Bray sexually abused him at Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church in Elizabeth, NJ, from 1986 to 1987, when the plaintiff was 13 and 14 years old.
Bray died in 2000 at the age of 76.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Newark If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New Jersey, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Newark now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com.