Father Kevin McBrien
- 1971: Immaculate Conception (Norwood, NJ)
- 1972-1978: St. Cecilia (Englewood, NJ)
- 1979-1981: Carmelite Fathers St. Elias Priory (Joliet, IL)
- 1982-1983: Carmelite Priory (Houston, TX)
- 1984-1986: Crespi Carmelite High School (Encino, CA)
- 1987-1991: St. Jane Frances de Chantal (North Hollywood, CA)
- 1992-1997: Our Lady of Mount Carmel (Fairfield, CA)
- 1998: Unknown
- 1999-2005: Crespi Carmelite High School (Encino, CA)
- 2006: St. Jane Frances de Chantal (North Hollywood, CA)
- 2007-2008: St. Thomas Apostle (Chicago, IL)
- 2009-2010: St. Matthew (Glendale Heights, IL)
- 2011: Darien Carmelite Provincial Office
- 2013-2018: Darien Carmelite Provincial Office
- 2019: Unknown
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Kevin McBrien:
Fr. Kevin McBrien was a priest of the Carmelite religious order. He worked in various Catholic schools in multiple US Dioceses, including Sacramento, CA, Chicago, IL, Newark, NJ, Galveston-Houston, TX, Los Angeles, CA, and Phoenix, AZ.
According to media reports, in May 2010, McBrien was removed from his position at St. Matthew Church in Glendale Heights, Illinois after an allegation was made that he molested a boy while at Joliet Catholic High School in the 1970s. The same person also alleged abuse on multiple occasions by another priest, Fr. Lee Ryan, at Providence High School.
The incident became public when the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP) held a news conference in May 2010, urging the Diocese of Joliet to be more aggressive and public in the investigation. According to the provincial for the Carmelites, he has been living in a supervised setting and has had no contact with children.
McBrien is included on the Diocese of Sacramento list of priests credibly accused of child sexual abuse.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Sacramento in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Sacramento now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.