Father Leo Tubbs
Archdiocese of Los Angeles (Dominicans)
Assigned as follows:
- 1966-1968: St. Albert’s College (Oakland, CA)
- 1969-1971: Daniel Murphy High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1969-1970: Dominican Fathers (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1972: University of San Diego High School (San Diego, CA)
- 1973-1975: Dominican Fathers (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1973-1974: Daniel Murphy High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1975-1977: St. Raymond’s Dominican Retreat (Thousand Oaks, CA)
- 1978-1981: Daniel Murphy High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1979-1981: Dominican Fathers and Brothers (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1982-1983: Mater Dei High School (Santa Ana, CA)
- 1982-1983: St. Raymond of Penafort House (Santa Ana, CA)
- 1984: St. Dominic’s (Benicia, CA)
- 1985: Holy Rosary (Antioch, CA)
- 1986: Dominican Order, Siena House (Oakland, CA)
- 1987-1989: Holy Rosary (Antioch, CA)
- 1990-1991: Holy Rosary Parish and Dominican Priory (Portland OR)
- 1992: St. Benedict’s Lodge (McKenzie Bridge, OR)
- 1993: Dominican School of Philosophy and Theology (Berkeley, CA)
- 1993-2017: Dominican Order, Siena House (Oakland, CA)
- 2018-2021: Unknown
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Leo Tubbs:
Father Leo Tubbs was a Dominican priest who spent more than 30 years working in mostly Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, he was transferred to Oregon, but shortly after his arrival he was confined to a Dominican priory in California following allegations that he had “inappropriate contact with adult males” and “non-genital touching over clothing” with a 15-year-old boy.
In 2004, he traveled to Bangkok without permission to visit a friend, which resulted in him being “put on lockdown” within the Siena House in Oakland. At all times he had someone accompany him anytime he left the property. Father Tubbs was reportedly one of seven sex offenders secretly living at a Dominican priory in Oakland in 2004. The community reportedly had no knowledge that the property was housing sex offenders until it was exposed by the news media. His current whereabouts are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in California State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Los Angeles and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.