Father Mark Liening
Diocese of Fresno (Franciscan)
- 1941: Immaculate Conception (San Diego, CA)
- 1941-1942: Old Mission (Santa Barbara, CA)
- 1942: St. Mary’s (Phoenix, AZ)
- 1942-1943: St. Joseph’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1943: St. Joseph’s Hospital (Phoenix, AZ)
- 1943-1944: St. Mary’s, (Phoenix, AZ)
- 1944-1945: Immaculate Conception (Provo, UT)
- 1945: St. Joseph’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1945-1947: St. Mary’s (Phoenix, AZ)
- 1947-1948: St. Francis (Spokane, WA)
- 1948-1949: Greek Rite Franciscan Commissariate (New Canaan, CT)
- 1949-1950: Sybertsville Monastery (Sybertsville, PA)
- 1950-1951: St. Mary’s (Phoenix, AZ)
- 1951-1953: St. Francis de Paula (Tularosa, NM)
- 1955-1957: Holy Family (Pueblo, CO)
- 1957-1962: St. Elizabeth’s (Oakland, CA)
- 1962-1964: St. Francis de Paula (Tularosa, NM)
- 1964: St. Boniface (San Francisco, CA)
- 1964-1966: St. Mary’s (Phoenix AZ)
- 1966-1968: St. Joseph’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1968-1969: (Ensenada, MEXICO)
- 1969-1970: St. Joseph’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1970: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (Fresno, CA)
- 1970-1972: St. Joseph’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1972-1974: Old Mission (San Luis Rey, CA)
- 1974-1979: St. Mary’s (Phoenix, AZ)
- 1979-1985: St. Francis de Paula (Tularosa, NM)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Mark Liening:
Fr. Mark Liening was a Franciscan priest who served in the Diocese of Fresno. According to media reports, in May 2019, his name appeared on the Franciscan Friars of Santa Barbara’s list of friars credibly accused of sexual abuse of a minor. It noted an allegation reported in 2007 of the sexual abuse of a minor from 1943-1944. At the time of the alleged abuse, Fr. Liening was assigned to St. Mary’s in Phoenix, AZ.
Fr. Liening died in 1985.
In 2019, his name appeared on the Diocese of Oakland’s list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors. It appeared on the Diocese of Las Cruces’ list (misspelled Leining), as well as on the Diocese of Phoenix’s list.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Fresno in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Fresno now have legal options due to a temporary change in California law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us toll-free at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.