Father Mark Medaer
Diocese of San Bernardino/Immaculate Heart of Mary
- 1951: Missionhurst Central House of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Missions (Arlington, VA)
- 1952-1956: St. Agnes (San Antonio, TX)
- 1957-1959: St. Malachy (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1960-1961: St. Therese of the Child Jesus (San Diego, CA)
- 1962: Our Lady of Guadalupe (Calexico, CA)
- 1963-1971: Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Brawley, CA)
- 1972-1977: Patton State Hospital (Patton, CA)
- 1978-1983: Our Lady of Guadalupe (Calexico, CA)
- 1984-1992: St. Peter Church (Fallbrook, CA)
- 1992: Alpine Rainbow Conservation Camp (Fallbrook, CA)
- 1993: Retired
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Mark Medaer:
Ordained a priest of the Missionhurst Congregation of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Fr. Mark Medaer was accused in 2002 of sexually abusing a child. According to media reports, a man reported to the Diocese of San Diego that he had been sexually abused as a child in 1982 by Medaer while Medaer was working at Our Lady of Guadalupe in Calexico, California. The diocese agreed to pay for his alleged victim’s counseling.
Medaer was included in the Diocese of San Diego’s 2018 list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of a minor. He died in 1993.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Bernardino in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Bernardino now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Diocese of San Bernardino, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.