Father Maximilian Gomez Macouzet
Diocese of San Bernardino
Assigned as follows:
- 1947: St. Anne (San Bernardino, CA)
- 1948: Christ the King (San Bernardino, CA)
- 1949: North American College (Rome, Italy)
- 1950-1953: Pontificia Accademia Ecclesiastica (Rome, Italy)
- 1954: Our Lady of Guadalupe (San Bernardino, CA)
- 1955-1957: St. Mary (Redlands, CA)
- 1958: St. Francis of Assisi (Riverside, CA)
- 1959-1961: Our Lady of Guadalupe Shrine (Riverside, CA)
- 1962-1965: Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Indio, CA)
- 1967-1975: On Sick Leave
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Maximilian Gomez Macouzet:
Fr. Maximilian Gomez Macouzet, known by the church as “Max Gomez” became a naturalized American citizen in December 1953. He began serving as a pastor at churches that were located in what is now the Diocese of San Bernardino, founded in 1978. At the time Gomez was serving as a priest, these churches were located within the Diocese of San Diego.
According to media reports, Gomez was accused of sexually abusing a minor in 1962. He left the Diocese in 1966 and was incardinated in the Diocese of Tlalnepantla, Mexico in 1967. In March 2007, his name was included in the Diocese of San Diego’s list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors. In 2010, his personnel file was released by the San Diego Diocese. He is “presumed deceased”.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Bernardino. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in San Bernardino, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Bernardino now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to email@example.com to discuss your options today.