Fr. Michael Hannon
Diocese of Shreveport
Assigned as Follows:
- 1953: St. Anthony’s (Bunkie, LA)
- 1954: St. Rita’s (Alexandria, LA)
- 1955-1956: St. Matthew’s (Monroe, LA)
- 1957-1963: St. Joseph’s (Monroe, LA)
- 1964-1970: Absent On Leave
- 1967: St. Augustine’s (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1968: St. Anthony of Padua (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1969-1973: St. Joseph’s (Long Island City, NY)
- 1972-1982: On Duty Outside the Diocese
- 1974: Our Lady of Miracles (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1975-1995: St. Luke’s (Whitestone, NY)
- 1977-1978: Our Lady of Miracles (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1996: Retired; Ozanam Hall (Bayside, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Fr. Michael Hannon:
Fr. Michael Hannon was ordained a priest in 1952, and served in the Diocese of Shreveport. According to media reports, in 1963, Fr. Michael Hannon left the Diocese of Alexandria. He was incardinated into the Diocese of Brooklyn in 1982. His name was included in the Diocese of Alexandria’s 2019 list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. A review of his file revealed evidence of multiple allegations of sexual abuse of minor boys in the 1960s. The details of the allegations, including the information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims, the nature of the alleged sexual abuse, or Hannon’s assignments at the time of the alleged abuse is unknown.
In 2020, the Diocese of Shreveport released Fr. Hannon’s name under the heading, “priests who served in the former Diocese of Alexandria-Shreveport removed for sexual abuse of minors.” Prior to the founding of the Diocese of Shreveport in 1986, churches in the Shreveport area were under the jurisdiction of the Diocese of Alexandria-Shreveport. According to church protocol, the files of accused clergy members remain with the Diocese of Alexandria.
Hannon retired in 1996 and died in 2000.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Shreveport in Louisiana. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Louisiana, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Shreveport may now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Louisiana and nationwide. We can help.