Father Norbert Nolan
Diocese of Rochester
- 1951-1953: Holy Cross Parish (Rochester, NY)
- 1953-1959: St. Ignatius Parish (Hornell, NY)
- 1959-1963: Church of the Assumption (Fairport, NY)
- 1963-1967: St. Mary Parish (Dansville, NY)
- 1967-1971: Our Lady of Lourdes Parish (Brighton, NY)
- 1971-1982: St. Theresa Parish (Stanley, NY)
- 1982- 1992: St. Patrick Parish (Mount Morris, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Norbert Nolan:
In 2020, Fr. Norbert Nolan was accused in a lawsuit filed under the NY Child Victims Act of sexually abusing an 11-year-old boy while serving at St. Mary Church in Rushville, NY, in the late 60s or early 1970s. The suit states that the child’s mother complained to Bishop Joseph Hogan about Nolan, but nothing was done. He remained in the ministry until his removal from St. Patrick’s in Mount Morris 1991 for reasons the diocese never spelled out. Fr. Nolan retired in 1992. He died in 2007at the age of 81.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims of sexual abuse in the Diocese of Rochester. The Diocese of Rochester in New York filed for bankruptcy protection in 2019. Our lawyers are now offering free legal consultations to discuss a potential lawsuit and your other options as a survivor of sexual abuse by priests and other employees of the Rochester Diocese. Very strict filing deadlines have now been set by the Bankruptcy Court. Most victims of abuse will never be able to recover damages if they miss this deadline, so please contact us to discuss your case today.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.