Father Patrick J. Conway
Archdiocese of San Francisco/Jesuits
- 1927-1929: St. Ignatius High School (San Francisco, CA)
- 1929-1931: Loyola High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1931-1934: St. Mary’s College (St. Mary’s, KA)
- 1934-1935: Alma College (Alma, CA)
- 1935-1937: St. Francis Xavier’s (Missoula, MT)
- 1937-1938: St. Stanislaus’ (Lewiston, ID)
- 1938-1946: Bellarmine High School (Tacoma, WA)
- 1946-1947: Gonzaga University High School (Spokane, WA)
- 1947-1951: St. Francis Xavier Mission (Crow Indian Reservation/St. Xavier, MT)
- 1947-1951: Our Lady of Loretto (Lodgegrass, MT)
- 1947-1951: St. Anthony’s (Wyola, MT)
- 1947-1951: St. Denis (Crow Agency, MT)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Patrick J Conway:
In 2018, Fr. Patrick J Conway was included on a list of priests in the Great Falls-Billings Diocese who was named as being “credibly accused” of child sex abuse. Conway was also included in the Per Jesuits West list in 2018.
According to the Bishop Accountability website, Conway was a priest of the Jesuits’ Oregon Province, ordained in 1934. He was assigned to parishes in Missoula, Montana and Lewiston, Idaho, high schools in Tacoma and Spokane, Washington, and to a mission on the Crow Indian reservation in Montana. His whereabouts after 1951 are unknown. Conway’s name was included on the Province’s 2011 list of “perpetrators of sexual abuse”. The Jesuits agreed to post the list on its website as part of its bankruptcy reorganization plan.
Information about the age/gender of his alleged victims/victims or the nature of the alleged sexual abuse is unknown. It is only noted that there was a report received in 2009 against Conway in reference to an abuse of a minor that took place from 1945-1949.
Conway was dismissed circa 1950.
His status as a priest, whereabouts, and whether he had access to children from 1951 and on, is unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of San Francisco, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.