Father Patrick McNamara
Diocese of San Diego
Leave of Absence: 1994
Left priesthood: 1995
Assigned as Follows:
- 1979-1980: Santa Sophia (Spring Valley, CA)
- 1980-1983: Sacred Heart (San Diego, CA)
- 1982-1983: University High School (San Diego, CA)
- 1983-1987: St. Pius X (Chula Vista, CA)
- 1987-1989: University of Santa Clara (Santa Clara, CA)
- 1989-1990: St. Pius X (Chula Vista, CA)
- 1991-1993: Marian High School (Imperial Beach, CA)
- 1993-1994: St. Vincent de Paul (San Diego, CA)
- 1994: St. Mary Magdalene (San Diego, CA)
- 1994: Leave of Absence
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Patrick McNamara:
Father Patrick McNamara was ordained a priest in 1980, who served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of San Diego. He received a law degree prior to his ordination, and in 1993, he took a sabbatical for his studies. He took an official leave of absence in 1994 and then left priesthood officially the following year.
According to media reports, in March 2007, Father McNamara’s name was included on a list of 38 priests credibly accused of child sexual abuse. No specific information has been found about the alleged abuse. In October 2010, as part of a settlement with survivors of clergy sexual abuse, the Diocese of San Diego released his personnel file.
His current whereabouts since leaving priesthood are unknown, but he is listed as being married.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Diego in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Diego now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.