Father Richard Pauson
Diocese of San Jose (Jesuits)
- 1955-1956: Alma College (Los Gatos, CA)
- 1957-1958: St. Mary’s College (St. Mary’s, KS)
- 1958-1959: St. Paul’s Mission (Hays, MT)
- 1959-1960: Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WA)
- 1960-1963: St. Thomas the Apostle (Harlem, MT)
- 1963-1965: St. Xavier’s Mission (St. Xavier, Crow Indian Reservation, MT)
- 1965-1968: St. Joseph Children’s Home (Culdesac, ID)
- 1965-1971: Sacred Heart (Lapwai, ID)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Richard Pauson:
Fr. Richard Pauson was ordained a Jesuit priest of the Oregon Province in 1957, who also served in the Diocese of San Jose. According to media reports, in 2011, his name was included on the Oregon Province’s list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. In 2018, his name was also included on the Jesuits West Province list. It noted allegations reported in 2009 in reference to abuse that took place in 1967-1968, while he was assigned to Sacred Heart in Idaho. Information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims or the nature of the alleged sexual abuse is unknown.
Fr. Pauson died in 1971.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.