Father Robert M. Timchak – Diocese of Scranton
Leave of absence: 2006-2007, 2009
Laicized (removed from the priesthood): 2014
Assigned as follows:
- 1992-1994 St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
- 1994-1996 Seton Catholic High School (Pittston, PA)
- 1996-1998 Bishop Hoban High School (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
- 1996-1998 Holy Savior (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
- 1998-2006 Annunciation (Williamsport, PA)
- 2000-2006 Transfiguration (West Hazleton, PA)
- 2000-2006 Ss. Peter and Paul (Hazleton, PA)
- 2006-2007 Leave of Absence
- 2007-2009 St. Vincent de Paul (Milford, PA)
- 2007-2009 St. John Neumann (Lords Valley, PA)
- 2009 Leave of Absence
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Robert Timchak:
In December 2008, the Diocese of Scranton received an anonymous letter that Father Robert Timchak was downloading child pornography. The grand jury report suggests that some of these downloads were included in the letter. The letter and its contents were forwarded to the local district attorney. Timchak eventually pled guilty to use/possession of child pornography. He was sentenced to six to 72-months in prison. He was released in June 2012.
The grand jury report does not allege that Timchak had inappropriate physical contact with any children in the Diocese of Scranton. It also does not discuss the unusual year-long leave of absence that Timchak took from 2006-2007.
Timchak has since been released from prison and now resides in Warrior Run, Pennsylvania. He is a registered sex offender.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Scranton. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Scranton now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or email@example.com today.