Father Stuart Bede Campbell
Diocese of Monterey/Dominicans
- 1930-1931 College of the Immaculate Conception-Dominican House of Studies (Washington D.C.)
- 1931-1934 Fenwick High School (Oak Park, IL)
- 1934-1937 Catherine of Siena (New York, NY)
- 1937-1940 Thomas Aquinas’ (Zanesville, OH)
- 1940-1944 Louis Bertrand’s (Louisville, KY)
- 1944-1946 Dominic’s (Washington D.C.)
- 1946-1947 Thomas Aquinas’ (Zanesville, OH)
- 1946-1947 Ann’s (Philo, OH)
- 1947-1949 Our Lady of Guadalupe (Mexican) (San Bernardino, CA)
- 1947-1949 John’s (East Highlands, CA)
- 1947-1949 La Teresita Chapel (California)
- 1947-1949 Mother of Sorrows (Del Rosa, CA)
- 1949-1953 Augustine’s (Covington, KY)
- 1953-1954 Santa Teresita Hospital and Sanatorium (Duarte, CA)
- 1954-1955 Unknown
- 1955-1957 Ann’s (Porterville, CA)
- 1955-1957 Mater Dolorosa (South Tule Indian Reservation, CA)
- 1958-1959 St. Patrick’s (Bisbee, AZ)
- 1959-1960 Tomas Aquinas Cathedral (Reno, NV)
- 1959-1960 Station of St. Tomas Aquinas Cathedral (Verdi, NV)
- 1960-1961 Albert the Great (Reno, NV)
- 1961-1963 Our Lady of the Rosary (East Line, NV)
- 1963-1964 John Bosco (Battle Mountain, NV)
- 1964-1966 Teresa’s (Carson City, NV)
- 1964-1966 Nevada City Penitentiary (Nevada)
- 1966-1970 Our Lady of Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV)
- 1970-1973 Our Lady of the Sorrows (Reno, NV)
- 1973-1974 Patrick’s (Tonopah, NV)
- 1973-1974 Theresa’s (Beatty, NV)
- 1974-1976 Mary’s in the Mountains (Virginia City)
- 1974-1976 Anne’s (Dayton, NV)
- 1976-1980 Immaculate Heart of Mary (Santa Ana, CA)
- 1980-1982 Unknown
- 1982-1983 Francis Home (Santa Ana, CA)
- 1983-1986 Unknown
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Stuart Bede Campbell:
In 1930, Fr. Stuart Bede Campbell was ordained as a Dominican priest. Campbell worked in Washington D.C., Illinois, New York, Ohio, Kentucky, California, and Nevada throughout the years of 1930-1983.
According to media reports, in 2003, a case was filed in Fresno County accusing Fr. Campbell of sexual abuse from 1956 to 1959, before the Diocese of Monterey split. There was another report in 2010 of incidents that took place from 1956-1959 and 1978-1980.
From 2018-2020, Fr. Campbell was included on a list of priests who were named as being “credibly accused” of child sex abuse.
In 2018, he was included on the Los Angeles list and the Dominicans St. Joseph Province list. In 2019, he was included on the Reno diocese’s list, Las Vegas’ list, and Columbus’ diocese list.
Lastly, in 2020, Campbell was listed on the Covington diocese’s list. Very little is known of Campbell’s activities within the church, as the Diocese of Monterey has not released any information about the age/gender of his alleged victims, the nature of the alleged sexual abuse, or Campbell’s assignments at the time of the alleged abuse is unknown.
Campbell died in 1986.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Monterey in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Monterey now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Diocese of Monterey, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.