Father Stuart Campbell
Diocese of San Bernardino/Dominican
- 1930-1931: Fenwick High School (Oak Park, IL)
- 1931-1934: St. Catherine of Sienna (New York, NY)
- 1937-1940: St. Thomas Aquinas (Zanesville, OH)
- 1940-1944: St. Louis Bertrand’s (Louisville, HY)
- 1944-1946: St. Dominic’s (Washington, DC)
- 1946-1947: St. Thomas Aquinas (Zanesville, OH)
- 1946-1947: St. Ann’s (Philo, OH)
- 1947: Our Lady of Guadalupe (San Bernardino, CA)
- 1947: St. John’s (East Highlands, CA)
- 1947: Mother of Sorrows (Del Rosa, CA)
- 1949-1953: St. Augustine’s (Covington, KY)
- 1953-1954: Santa Teresita Hospital and Sanatorium (Duarte, CA)
- 1956-1957: St. Ann’s (Porterville, CA)
- 1960: St. Thomas Aquinal (Reno, NV)
- 1961: St. Albert the Great (Reno, NV)
- 1962-1963: Our Lady of the Rosary (East Line, NV)
- 1964: St. John Bosco (Battle Mountain, NV)
- 1965-1966: St. Teresa’s (Carson City, NV)
- 1967-1970: Our Lady of Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV)
- 1971: Our Lady of Sorrows (Las Vegas, NV)
- 1974: St. Patrick’s (Tonopah, NV)
- 1974: St. Theresa’s (Beatty, NV)
- 1977-1980: Immaculate Heart of Mary (Santa Ana, CA)
- 1983: St. Francis Home (Santa Ana, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Stuart B Campbell:
Fr. Stuart B Campbell was ordained a priest of the Dominican order and worked for nearly five decades at well over a dozen churches in various states, including California, Nevada, Kentucky, Ohio, Illinois, and New York. According to media reports, Campbell left the order in about 1949 but is referred to again in the Directories as a Dominican from 1978 and on.
According to media reports, in 2003, Campbell was named in a civil lawsuit accusing him of child sexual abuse from 1956 to 1959 while he worked for the Diocese of Fresno. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including where the alleged abuse occurred, or the victim’s age/gender, are unknown.
Campbell died in 1986. His status as a priest, whereabouts, and whether he had access to children from 1984 until his death in 1986 is unknown.
In 2018, Campbell was named publicly on the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ updated list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors and on the Dominicans St. Joseph Province list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. It noted two reports of incidents from 1956-1959 and 1978-1980. The report also states the diocese was made aware of the allegations in 2010. In 2019, Campbell’s name appeared on the Diocese of Reno and on the Diocese of Las Vegas’ list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. In 2020, he was named on the Diocese of Covington list.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Bernardino in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Bernardino now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Diocese of San Bernardino, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.