Father Victor Phelan
Archdiocese of Newark
Assigned as follows:
- 1971-1976 Bawku Catholic Mission (Bawku, Ghana)
- 1976-1978 Residence (Chicago, IL)
- 1978-1979 St. Mary’s (Plainfield, NJ)
- 1980-1989 White Fathers of Africa activity (Africa)
- 1989-1992 Missionaries of Africa (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1990-1991 Missionaries of Africa (Chicago, IL)
- 1993-2019 Unknown
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Victor Phelan:
Father Victor Phelan was a priest of the Society of Missionaries of Africa order. His ministry took him from Ghana in West Africa to the archdioceses of Chicago, Newark and Los Angeles. He was assigned for at least one year (1977) in Plainfield in the New Jersey. Father Phelan was accused of child sexual abuse in a lawsuit settled in May 2013. His whereabouts beyond 1992 are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Newark. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Newark, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Newark now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to email@example.com to discuss your options today.