Fr. William Allison
Diocese of Shreveport
Assigned as Follows:
- 1949-1952: Mater Dolorosa (Plaucheville, LA)
- 1952-1955: St. Francis de Sales (Echo, LA)
- 1955-1957: Not indexed
- 1957-1958: St. Joseph Cathedral (San Diego, CA)
- 1958-1963: Absent on Leave
- 1960-1961: Our Lady of Guadalupe (Flagstaff, AZ)
- 1963-1964: Immaculate Conception (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1964-1966: St. Joseph’s (Capitola, CA)
- 1964-1966: Sacred Heart (Villa Maria del Mar, CA)
- 1964-1966: Resurrection (Aptos, CA)
- 1966-1969: Sacred Heart (Fresno, CA)
- 1969-1973: Sacred Heart (Avondale, CO)
- 1969-1973: St. Joseph’s (Huerfano, CO)
- 1969-1973: St. William’s (Boone, CO)
- 1971-1975: Cathedral of San Carlos Borromeo (Monterey, CA)
- 1971-1975: Annunciation (Stephen Place, CA)
- 1971-1975: Monterey Peninsula College Newman (Monterey, CA)
- 1973-1975: Our Lady of Fatima (Monroe, LA)
- 1975-1983: Christ the King (Bossier City, LA)
- 1975-1983: Mary Queen of Peace (Caplis, LA)
- 1975-1983: Mary Queen of the Holy Rosary (Doyline, LA)
- 1975-1977: Barksdale Air Force Base (Bossier City, LA)
- 1983-1987: St. Francis Xavier Cathedral
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Fr. William Allison:
Fr. William Allison was ordained a priest in approximately 1948 for Diocese of Alexandria, LA, and served in multiple parishes including in the Diocese of Shreveport. According to media reports, in 1963, a letter was written by Rev. James Lindenmeyer, Father Allison’s supervisor at the time, which contained allegations of three young men in the parish that told Father Lindenmeyer they were abused by Father Allison at Our Lady of Guadalupe. Shortly after, Fr. Allison was sent to a treatment center for “troubled priests,” and was able to continue working while being a patient there.
In 2005, the Gallup diocesan officials stated that they had also received at least one credible accusation against Fr. Allison.
In July 2011, a civil suit was filed against Fr. Allison for having abused “many children,” dating back to 1963. One allegation referred to a specific defendant who claimed that he had been abused by Allison starting when he was just 9 years old and continued for almost two years. Fr. Allison’s name appeared on the Gallup Diocese’s list of credibly accused clergy and Monterey’s list as well as Alexandria’s list of accused.
Several other allegations have been filed against Fr. Allison, since his passing in 1987. Almost all have been deemed credible and have been brought to/settled in court. In 2019, a man accused Fr. Allison of sexually abusing him in 1961 when he was a minor. In 2020 a lawsuit was filed against the Diocese of Shreveport by a man who alleges that Fr. Allison abused him in from 1973-1975 when he was a fifth or sixth grade student serving as an altar boy. According to the suit, Fr. Allison groomed the alleged victim, which progressed into fondling and oral sex. The exact number of Allison’s victims is unknown, and continuously growing.
Fr. Allison died in 1987.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Shreveport in Louisiana. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Louisiana, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Shreveport may now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Louisiana and nationwide. We can help.