Father William Savord
Diocese of San Diego
Assigned as Follows:
- 1958-1962: St. Edward (Corona, CA)
- 1963: Our Lady of Guadalupe (Calexico, CA)
- 1964: Mercy Hospital (San Diego, CA)
- 1965: St. William Church (Eagle Mountain, CA)
- 1966-1968: Immaculate Heart of Mary (Niland, CA)
- 1969: St. Joseph (Holtville, CA)
- 1970-1971: Our Lady of the Lake (Lake Arrowhead, CA)
- 1972-1974: St. Margaret Mary (Chino, CA)
- 1975-1984: San Rafael (San Diego, CA)
- 1984: St. Brigid (San Diego, CA)
- 1985-1986: Our Lady of Lourdes Church (Montclair, CA)
- 1987-1988: Our Lady of the Desert Church (Apple Valley, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father William Savord:
Father William Savord was ordained a priest in 1957, who served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of San Diego for almost 30 years, before working in the Diocese of San Bernardino in 1984. According to media reports, he was removed from active priesthood without privileges in October 1988. He was sent for treatment at the Paraclete Center, an institution known for treating clergy accused of child sexual abuse.
Father Savord resigned from the priesthood in August 1990, due to problems in his “past life.” He died in July 2004.
In March 2007, his name was included in the Diocese of San Diego’s list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of a minor. No specific information was found as to actual allegations.
His personnel file released was released in October 2010.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Diego in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Diego now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.