Father William Scanlon
Archdiocese of New York
Assigned as follows:
- 1964-1967 McQuaid Jesuit (Rochester, NY)
- 1971-1972 Xavier High School (New York, NY)
- 1972-1974 Fordham University (Bronx, NY)
- 1974-1976 St. Peter’s University (Jersey City, NJ)
- 1976-1980 Canisius College (Buffalo, NY)
- 1980-1992 St. Joseph’s Parish (Benin City, Nigeria)
- 1993-1996 Provinces (FgM)
- 1996-2002 NY Jesuit Seminary and Mission Bureau Inc. (New York, NY)
- 1996-2004 St. Ignatius Loyola Residence (New York, NY)
- 1999-2007 NY Catholic Medical Mission Board Inc. (New York, NY)
- 2000-2001 St. Pius Church (Redwood City, CA)
- 2003-2004 Development Office of the New York Province (New York, NY)
- 2003-2013 Jesuit Provincial’s Office (Murray-Weigel Hall) (New York, NY)
- 2008-2019 Fordham University (Bronx, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father William Scanlon:
Father William Scanlon was a Jesuit priest who worked at various schools. According to the Jesuits, upon a 1994 investigation, he admitted to abusing minors from 1985 to 1994. He was “restricted,” yet in the Jesuits official magazine in 2010, he was shown giving Holy Communion. His priestly faculties were removed by the Jesuits in 2011.
Father Scanlon’s name was not listed in the 2018 edition of the Official Catholic Directory. He lived at Murray-Weigel Hall retirement residences at Fordham University from at least 2008 to 2019, serving as its chaplain.
In January 2019, his name was included on the Jesuit’s Northeast Province’s list of “USA Northeast Province Jesuits with Credible Allegations of Sexual Abuse of a Minor.”
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.