Father William Ward
Diocese of Raleigh
Assigned as Follows:
- 1951 St. Leo’s (Winston-Salem, NC)
- 1952 St. Joseph’s (Albion, NY)
- 1953-1955 St. Stephen (Buffalo, NY)
- 1956-1962 Basilica of Our Lady of Victory (Lackawanna, NY)
- 1963-1966 Working Boys Home of the Sacred Heart (Buffalo, NY)
- 1967 Our Lady of Loreto (Falconer, NY)
- 1968-1970 Prince of Peace (Niagara Falls, NY)
- 1971-1978 St. Charles (Niagara Falls, NY)
- 1979 Bishop Burke Manor (Buffalo, NY)
- 1980-1997 Our Lady of Fatima (Elba, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father William Ward:
On March 20th, 2018, the Diocese of Buffalo released a list of priests who have been credibly accused of child sexual abuse. The list only included deceased priests if there was more than one substantiated claim of abuse against them. On its list of deceased priests was Father William G. Ward.
According to the Buffalo Diocese, the alleged abuse occurred in New York in 1955-1956 and 1966-1971.
Ward is believed to have voluntarily retired in 1998, and lived in Clarence and Buffalo until his death in 2008.
In August 2019, William G. Ward became one of many priests named in civil lawsuits filed under the New York Child Victims Act. The approximate number of victims is unknown.
His name is also included on the Raleigh diocese’s list of accused priests as of October 2019. The Raleigh list notes the alleged abuse in 1955 was outside of the diocese and was reported to the Diocese of Raleigh in 2019. He also appears on the Charlotte diocese’s list as of December 2019.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Raleigh. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in North Carolina, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Raleigh now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Contact us at (954) 641-2100 (or toll-free at (888) 283-9922). Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.