Father William Wood
Diocese of San Jose (Jesuits)
- 1958-1961: St. Ignatius High School (San Francisco, CA)
- 1961-1962: Loyola High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1962-1966: Alma College (Los Gatos, CA)
- 1966-1967: Wepion, Belgium
- 1967-1969: Collegio Bellarmino (Rome, Italy)
- 1969-1977: University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- 1977-1979: Bellarmine College Preparatory (San Jose, CA)
- 1979-1984: Sacred Heart Jesuit Center (Los Gatos, CA)
- 1984-1991: Jesuit High School (Sacramento, CA)
- 1991-1997: Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA)
- 1997-2000: University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- 2000-2002: Verbum Dei High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 2002-2004: Sacred Heart Jesuit Center (Los Gatos, CA)
- 2004-2008: Colombiere House (Los Angeles, CA)
- 2008-2014: Sacred Heart Jesuit Center (Los Gatos, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father William Wood:
Fr. William Wood was a Jesuit priest ordained in 1965 who served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of San Jose. He worked at the University of San Francisco, Bellarmine College Preparatory, Santa Clara University, and Verbum Dei High in Los Angeles, California. He also served as Executive Director of the California Catholic Conference in Sacramento for several years.
According to media reports, the Diocese of Sacramento reported allegations were made stating Wood sexually abused a minor in 2002, while he was assigned to Verbum Dei High School in Los Angeles. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including the victim’s age/gender, are unknown.
In January 2013, Wood’s name was quietly added, along with 23 others, to the Archdiocese of Los Angeles ‘s Final Addendum posted on its website.
In 2018, his name was included on the Jesuits West Province list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. It noted a report in 2002 of the sexual abuse of a minor the same year.
Fr. Wood died at the Sacred Heart Jesuit Center in Los Gatos, CA in 2014.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.