Monsignor Chris Van Liefde
Diocese of Orange
Assigned as follows:
- 1974-1976 Holy Family Church (Glendale, CA)
- 1977 St. Philomena (Carson, CA)
- 1978 Diego High School (Santa Barbara, CA)
- 1979 San Roque (Santa Barbara, CA)
- 1980 St. Bruno Church (Whittier, CA)
- 1981-1982 Our Lady of Loretto (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1983-1987 St. Francis de Sales (Sherman Oaks, CA)
- 1988-1994 St. Hilary (Pico Rivera, CA)
- 1995-2002 L.A. City Fire Dept. (Los Angeles, CA)
- 2000-2008 St. Genevieve (Panorama City, CA)
- 2009-2017 Administrative Leave
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Monsignor Chris Van Liefde:
Monsignor Chris Van Liefde was ordained a priest in 1973, who served in the Diocese of Orange. According to the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in 1992, a female student at Holy Family Church in Glendale, alleged that Monsignor Van Liefde molested her in a car, at her parents’ home and at the beach between 1971 and 1975. He denied allegations. He was investigated by police, and placed on leave in 2002.
According to media reports, in 2003, an allegation of child sexual abuse and a civil lawsuit were brought against Monsignor Van Liefde. Diocesan records show that, in 2005, Monsignor Van Liefde was accused of sexual misconduct by the daughter of a family who were members of St. Kilian parish in Mission Viejo in the early 1970s. At the time, Monsignor Van Liefde was a seminarian at St. Kilian, his home parish.
Monsignor Van Liefde was included in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ list of priests accused of sexual misconduct involving minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Orange in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Orange now have legal options due to a temporary change in California law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.