Monsignor Mark Medaer
Diocese of San Diego
Assigned as Follows:
- 1951-1955: St. Agnes (San Antonio, TX)
- 1955-1956: Minor seminary (Pineville, LA)
- 1956: St. Michael (Annandale, VA)
- 1956-1959: Roman Catholic High School (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1959-1961: St. Therese (San Diego, CA)
- 1961-1962: Our Lady of Guadalupe (Calexico, CA)
- 1962-1971: Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Brawley, CA)
- 1971-1977: State Hospital (Patton, CA)
- 1977-1983: Our Lady of Guadalupe (Calexico, CA)
- 1983-1992: St. Peter (Fallbrook, CA)
- 1992: St. Anthony (administrator) (National City, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Monsignor Mark Medaer:
Monsignor Mark Medaer was ordained a priest in 1950, who served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of San Diego. According to media reports, in 2002, a child sexual abuse allegation surfaced that Monsignor Medaer molested a boy in 1982 while he was assigned to Our Lady of Guadalupe in Calexico. The diocese agreed to pay for the alleged victim’s counseling and the matter was kept out of court. Diocesan records show the counseling began in March 2002 and only continued through November of that same year.
In 2018, Monsignor Mark Medaer was first named publicly as accused on Diocese of San Diego’s list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse.
Mark Medaer died in June 1993.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Diego in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Diego now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.