Father Albert Oldfield
Diocese of Scranton
- 1959-1960: Saint Philomena (Hawley, PA)
- 1961-1966: Saint Pius X Chapel (Royal, PA)
- 1966-1968: Nativity of Our Lord (Scranton, PA)
- 1972: Saint Nicholas (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
- 1972-1975: Bishop Hoban High School (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
- 1976-1977: Saint Denis (Glen Lyon, PA)
- 1984-1996: Saint Boniface (Williamsport, PA)
- 1996: Saint Mary of Czestochowa (Scranton, PA)
- 2009: Holy Family Residence (Scranton, PA)
- 2009-2018: Saint Mary of Czestochowa, Scranton, PA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Albert Oldfield:
Father Albert Oldfield was ordained a priest in 1959, who served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of Scranton. His most recent assignment was as pastor of Saint Mary of Czestochowa in Moosic. According to media reports, in 2019, the Diocese of Scranton added Oldfield’s name to its list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. No information is listed about the victim’s age or gender. The diocese said the additions are a fulfillment of a pledge by Bishop Joseph C. Bambera to be open and transparent in how the diocese handles accusations of child sexual abuse following the release of the statewide investigating grand jury report in August 2018.
Fr. Oldfield died in August 2019 at the age of 85.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Scranton. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Scranton may have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Pennsylvania and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.