Father Albert Plante
Diocese of Ogdensburg
Assigned as Follows:
- Church of the Holy Name (AuSable Forks, NY)
- St. Anthony’s Church (Watertown, NY)
- St. Joseph’s Church (Dannemora, NY)
- Notre Dame Church (Malone, NY)
- St. Joseph’s Church (Mooers, NY)
- St. Lawrence Church (Louisville, NY)
- St. Paul’s Church (Bloomingdale, NY)
- St. Elizabeth’s (Elizabethtown, NY)
- St. Peter’s Church (Lowville, NY)
- Church of the Sacred Heart (Massena, NY)
- Holy Family High School (Massena, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Albert Plante:
Father Albert Plante was ordained to the priesthood in the Diocese of Ogdensburg in 1948. He served in multiple parishes throughout his career. According to media reports, in November 2018 his name was included in the Diocese of Ogdensburg’s a list of 28 priests who were credibly accused of sexual misconduct with a minor or a vulnerable adult. No information regarding the number of alleged victims or the time frame that the alleged abuse occurred was disclosed. It did note that he died in August 2000.
In August 2019, he was named in a lawsuit filed under the NY Child Victims Act alleging that he repeatedly sexually abused a child.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Ogdensburg in New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused as a child in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Ogdensburg now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.