Father Alexander Manville
Diocese of Orange/Franciscan
- 1954: Unknown
- 1955-1958: Immaculate Conception (Phoenix, AZ)
- 1959: St. Elizabeth’s (Oakland, CA)
- 1960-1968: Bishop Garcia Diego High School (Santa Barbara, CA)
- 1969-1976: Old Mission (Santa Barbara, CA)
- 1977: St. Francis Retreat (San Juan Bautista, CA)
- 1978-1982: Franciscan Renewal Center (Scottsdale, AZ)
- 1983-1994: SS. Simon and Jude Church (Huntington Beach, CA)
- 1995-1998: Franciscan Renewal Center (Scottsdale, AZ)
- 2001-2004: Serra Retreat (Malibu, CA)
- 2004-2009: SS. Simon and Jude (Huntington Beach, CA)
- 2010: Unknown
- 2011-2012: Retired-Serra Retreat (Malibu, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Alexander Manville:
In 2009, a civil lawsuit was filed against Fr. Alexander Manville accusing him of sexually abusing an eight-year-old boy from 1992 to 1994 while at SS. Simon and Jude Church in Huntington Beach, California. The lawsuit includes allegations that Fr. Manville and Fr. Gus Krumm engaged in illegal sexual contact with the boy, including one time simultaneously.
In 2011, the plaintiff’s brother joined the suit, alleging he had also been sexually abused by Fr. Manville and Fr. Krumm. The Diocese of Orange reached a settlement with the brothers in 2011 for $200,000, although a jury cleared his name. Fr. Manville died in 2016 at the age of 89.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Orange in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Orange now have legal options due to a temporary change in California law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.