Father Almerico Dicerbo
Assigned as follows:
- St. Vincent de Paul (Albany, NY)
- St. Anne Institute (Albany, NY)
- College of St. Rose (Albany, NY)
- St. Thomas the Apostle (Delmar, NY)
- St. Teresa of Avila (Albany, NY)
- St. Joseph Church (Little Falls, NY)
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel (Amsterdam, NY)
- St. Patrick Church (St. Johnsville, NY)
- St. Joseph Church (West Winfield, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Almerico Dicerbo:
Fr. Almerico Dicerbo was ordained a priest in 1946. In addition to serving as a priest, Dicerbo was also a college chaplain and a Canon lawyer on the Diocesan Tribunal.
In 2018, Dicerbo’s was included on the Diocese of Albany list of priests who were named as being “credibly accused” of child sex abuse. Very little is known of Dicerbo’s activities within the church as the Diocese of Albany has not released information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims, the nature of the alleged sexual abuse or Dicerbo’s assignments at the time of the alleged abuse is unknown.
Dicerbo died in 2004.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Albany. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Albany, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Albany now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to email@example.com to discuss your options today.