Father Angus McDonald
Archdiocese of San Francisco/Jesuits
- 1956-1957: Loyola High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1966: On Duty Outside the Diocese; Collegio Nepomunceno (Rome, Italy)
- 1967-1972: St. Patrick Church (Barrow, AK)
- 1973: Holy Family Cathedral (Anchorage, AK)
- 1974-1975: St. Thomas Seminary (Kenmore, WA)
- 1976: Saints Simon and Jude Cathedral (Phoenix, AZ)
- 1977: St. Clement’s Church (Hayward, CA)
- 1978: St. Thomas More Church (Portland, OR)
- 1979-1980: Cathedral Basilica of Our Lady of Peace (Honolulu, HI)
- 1981: Holy Family Church (Honolulu, HI)
- 1982-1983: St. Elizabeth Church (Aiea, HI)
- 1984: St. Cecilia Church (Beaverton, OR)
- 1986: Retired
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Angus McDonald:
Fr. Angus McDonald was identified as a perpetrator in at least two claims of sexual abuse in bankruptcy reorganization documents for the Diocese of Fairbanks in January 2010. He was included on the West Province Jesuits’ list 12/2018. It notes an allegation was reported in 1957 of sexual abuse of a minor in 1956, while assigned to Loyola High School in Los Angeles, CA. Fr. McDonald was also on the Anchorage Archdiocese’s list in 2020, where he worked from 1972-1973. It noted sexual misconduct was reported with a vulnerable adult in 1976. Fr. McDonald retired in 1986.
Over his 20-year career, Fr. McDonald worked in multiple cities, including the Diocese of Oakland, Archdiocese of Los Angeles, Archdiocese of San Francisco, Anchorage Archdiocese, Diocese of Fairbanks, Phoenix, Portland, and Honolulu until his retirement. Fr. McDonald died in 1988 at the age of 65.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of San Francisco, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.