Father Anselm Deehr
Archdiocese of Los Angeles (Trinitarian)
- 1970-1987: Our Lady of Fatima and Our Lady of Fatima Center (Cleveland OH)
- 1990-1991: St. Anthony’s (Atlanta, GA)
- 1991-1992: Holy Trinity Missionary Seminary (Silver Springs, MD)
- 1992-1993: Not indexed in Official Catholic Directory
- 1993-1995: Holy Spirit Missionary Cenacle (Stirling NJ)
- 1995-1998: Our Lady of Victory (Compton CA)
- 1997-2000: Veterans Affairs Medical Center (Long Beach CA)
- 2000-2001: St. Maria Goretti (Long Beach, CA)
- 2000-2007: Veterans Affairs Medical Center (Long Beach, CA)
- 2007-2008: Missionary Servants of the Most Holy Trinity (Adelphi, MD)
- 2008-2011: Father Judge Missionary Cenacle (Adelphi, MD)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Anselm Deehr:
Fr. Anselm Deehr was ordained a Trinitarian priest in 1990, and served in multiple parishes in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, in 2004, Fr. Deehr was accused of sexually abusing a young boy from 1983-1987 while serving at our Lady of Fatima Center in Cleveland, OH. The victim claims that Fr. Deehr sexually assaulted him over 300 times in the rectory, at the Red Roof Inn, and on Catholic Youth Organization trips.
During his tenure, Fr. Deehr worked in Cleveland, Atlanta, GA, Washington DC, Stirling, NJ, Los Angeles, and Adelphi, MD. Fr. Deehr was included on the Los Angeles Archdiocese’s 2013 “Final Addendum to the Report to the People of God.” His status as a priest, whereabouts, and whether he had access to children from 2011 to the present, is unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.