Father Thomas Hidding
Diocese of St. Petersburg/Jesuits
- 1980-1982: Jesuit High School (Tampa, FL)
- Unknown: Jesuit College Prep. (Dallas, TX)
- 1986-1987: The Jesuit Community (Berkeley, CA)
- 1987-1992: Loyola University (New Orleans, LA)
- 1993-1997: University of Tampa (Tampa, FL)
- 1993-1997: Sacred Heart (Tampa, FL)
- 1997-1999: Immaculate Conception (New Orleans, LA)
- 1999-2000: Jesuit Provincial Office (New Orleans, LA)
- 2000-2002: Jesu Church (Miami, FL)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Thomas Hidding:
Fr. Thomas Hidding was ordained in 1986 and spent his career in Louisiana and Florida.
In 2002, Hidding was accused of having sexually abused a high school student in Miami, Florida between 1980-1982, when Hidding was a Jesuit seminarian and teacher.
According to media reports, the allegations were deemed “credible” by Jesuit superiors. Fr. Hidding was removed from active ministry after the accusation surfaced in May of 2002.
Fr. Hidding died in 2005. He is listed on the Diocese of St. Petersburg’s 2016 List of Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor, as well as on the Jesuits Central and Southern Province 2018 lists.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of St. Petersburg in Florida. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Florida, contact our office today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Florida and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.