Father Arthur Falvey
Diocese of San Jose/Jesuits
- 1930-1931: Weston College (Weston, MA)
- 1931-1932: Bellarmine College Prep. (San Jose, CA)
- 1932-1933: Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WA)
- 1933-1940: Loyola High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1940-1948: Loyola University (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1948-1955: University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- 1955-1961: St. Ignatius (Sacramento, CA)
- 1961-1964: University of Santa Clara (Santa Clara, CA)
- 1964-1965: Jesuit High School (Sacramento, CA)
- 1965-1966: St. Gall’s (Sacramento, CA)
- 1965-1966: Our Lady of Tahoe (Zephyr Cove, NV)
- 1965-1966: Stewart Indian School (Carson City, NV)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Arthur Falvey:
Fr. Arthur A. Falvey was a member of the Jesuits’ religious order. In 2009, Fr. Arthur A. Falvey was named in a lawsuit claiming that he raped a 7-year-old boy over the course of 4 years in 1954 when Falvey was assigned to St. Ignatius Church in Sacramento, California.
According to media reports, The Jesuit religious order has paid $100,000 to the survivor who claimed he was sexually abused by the Catholic priest at St. Ignatius Church in Sacramento more than 50 years ago. Falvey was the brother of Fr. Mark Falvey who abused at least 10 children in California and was the subject of a 2007 settlement by the Jesuits.
In 2018, Falvey was included on a list of priests in the Diocese of Sacramento list named as being credibly accused of child sex abuse. In 2019, he was also included on the Jesuits West Province list named as being credibly accused of child sex abuse.
Falvey died in 1966.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of San Jose, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.