Father Augustine J. Seidenberg
Archdiocese of San Francisco/Diocese of Camden
- 1948-1953: Sacred Heart (Camden, NJ)
- 1954-1957: U.S. Navy
- F.P.O., San Francisco CA
- 1958-1959: St. Ann (Wildwood, NJ)
- 1960: St. Joseph (East Camden, NJ)
- 1961-1962: St. James (Penns Grove, NJ) and St. James High School (Carneys Point, NJ)
- 1963-1965 St. Peter’s (Pleasantville, NJ) and Holy Spirit High School (Atlantic City, NJ)
- 1966-1969 St. Gregory (Magnolia, NJ)
- 1970 Our Lady Star of the Sea (Cape May, NJ)
- 1973-1983 St. Thomas (Brigantine, NJ)
- 1984-1986 St. James (Ventnor, NJ)
- 1987-1996 St. Augustine (Ocean City, NJ)
- 1997-2006: Retired
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Augustine J Seidenberg:
In 1994, five women filed suit against Fr. Augustine J Seidenberg (Seidenburg), alleging sexual abuse as minors. According to the victims’ reports, Seidenberg would force them to sit on his lap while he masturbated and fondled their genitals during confessions when serving in the Diocese of Camden: St. Thomas Roman Catholic Church in Brigantine and Our Lady Star of the Sea Roman Catholic Church in Cape May, New Jersey.
Seidenberg was permanently suspended from ministry in 1994, and the case was settled. Seidenberg’s name appears on the Diocese of Camden 2019 list of priests credibly accused of child sexual abuse. According to Bishop Sullivan, the list, “includes those who admitted to the abuse, those who were found guilty after a trial in the church courts or the civil courts, and others against whom the evidence was so overwhelming as to be virtually unquestionable.
Seidenberg died in 2007.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of San Francisco, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.