Brother Barton (George) Gardiner
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1953-1957: Mount St. Joseph High School (Baltimore, MD)
- 1958: St. John’s Preparatory School (Danvers, MA)
- 1959-1963: St. Xavier High School (Louisville, KY)
- 1964-1965: Nazareth High School (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1966-1967: Our Lady of Good Counsel (Wheaton, MD)
- 1968: Nazareth High School (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1969-1970: Leave of Absence
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Brother Barton (George) Gardiner:
Br. Barton (George) Gardiner was a member of the Brothers of St. Francis Xavier. According to media reports, in 2013, he was accused of child sexual abuse at a summer camp in Maryland in the mid-1960s. He withdrew from the order in 1970.
In 2019, Gardiner’s name appeared publicly on the Xaverian Brothers’ list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors. His current whereabouts and whether he has access to children are unknown. Gardiner was also included on the Archdiocese of Baltimore list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.