Brother Bede Mitchell
Diocese of Little Rock
- 1969-1973: Sacred Heart Parish (Muenster, TX)
- 1973-1975: St. Peter Parish (Lindsay, TX)
- St. Mary Church (Windthorst, TX)
- St. Boniface Church (Scotland, TX)
- St. Mary of the Assumption (Forth Worth, TX)
- St. Paul Church (Forth Worth, TX)
- Sacred Heart Church (Charleston, AR)
- St. Edward Church (Little Rocks, AR)
- St. Ignatius Church (Scranton, AR)
- St. Peter and Paul Church (Morrison Bluff, AR)
- St. Anthony Church (Ratcliff, AR)
- Sacred Heart of Mary (Barling, AR)
- Holy Redeemer Church (Clarksville, AR)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Brother Bede Mitchell:
Br. Bede Mitchell became an ordained priest in 1925 and was a member of the Benedictine Order based in Subiaco, Arkansas.
According to media reports, in 2014, Mitchel was accused of sexually abusing a girl from 1969 to 1970/1971, beginning when the child was 8 years old. At the time, Mitchel was an assistant pastor from 1969-1973 at Sacred Heart Parish in Muenster, Texas, in the Diocese of Fort Worth.
In 2014, a lawsuit was filed by the complainant’s husband against the Diocese of Fort Worth and the Benedictine’s Subiaco Abbey in the Diocese of Little Rock. A settlement was approved in 2015. Mitchel worked as a parish priest for many years in the Little Rock and Fort Worth dioceses, after training at Subiaco Abbey. He taught at the abbey for 10 years and at Corpus Christi Academy and Laneri High School in Fort Worth, TX. Mitchel also traveled extensively, leading retreats and missions.
Mitchell is included in the Diocese of Little Rock list of priests credibly accused outside Arkansas.
Mitchell died in 1982.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims of sexual abuse by Arkansas priests in the Diocese of Little Rock. Our lawyers are now offering free legal consultations to discuss a potential lawsuit and your other options as a survivor of sexual abuse by priests and other employees of the Little Rock Diocese. Your chance to pursue legal action will soon be over. Most victims of abuse will never be able to recover damages if they miss the temporary window to file a lawsuit, so please contact us to discuss your case today. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an e-mail to email@example.com to discuss your options today.