Father Benjamin Yander
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1932-1935: St. Joseph’s (Long Island City, NY)
- 1936-1951: Fourteen Holy Martyrs’ (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1952: St. Pancras (Glendale, NY)
- 1953-1961: St. Mary Queen of Heaven (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1962-1963: Transfiguration (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1964-1976: American Martyrs (Bayside, NY)
- 1977-1986: Retired; American Martyrs (Bayside, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Benjamin Yander:
According to media reports, in February 2019, Fr. Benjamin Yander’s name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Brooklyn’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. The details of the allegations, including the information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims, the nature of the alleged sexual abuse, or Yander’s assignments at the time of the alleged abuse is unknown.
Yander’s access to children from when he retired in 1977 until his death in 1986 is unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to email@example.com to discuss your options today.