Monsignor Charles Beausang
Diocese of Camden
Assigned as follows:
- 1946: Ordained in the Diocese of Camden
- 1947-1951: Our Lady Star of the Sea Church, Atlantic City, NJ
- 1952: St. Peter’s Church, Merchantville, NJ
- 1953-1955: Christ the King Church, Haddonfield, NJ
- 1953-1958: “Diocesan Newspaper”
- 1956-1966: St. Vincent de Paul Church, Mays Landing, NJ
- 1967-1985: St. Bernadette Church, Northfield, NJ
- 1986-1992: Maris Stella Church, Avalon, NJ
- 1993-1994: “Retired” – living in Port Charlotte, FL
- 1995: St. Maximilian Kolbe Church, Murdock, FL (Diocese of Venice, FL)
- 1996-2000: “Retired” – living in Port Charlotte, FL
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Monsignor Charles Beausang:
Monsignor Charles Beausang was ordained a priest in 1946 and served in the Diocese of Camden. He served in multiple parishes throughout his career. According to a list maintained by Bishop Accountability.org, in 2021, he was named in a lawsuit alleging that he sexually abused a 9-year-old boy in approximately 1950. At the time of the alleged abuse, Monsignor Beausang was assigned to Our Lady Star of the Sea Church in Atlantic City, New Jersey. It occurred inside Our Lady Star of the Sea School, where the boy was a student. Monsignor Beausang told the boy to expose the boy’s penis to him to masturbate in front of the boy. When the Monsignor began to unfasten the boy’s belt buckle, the boy ran away.
The case was settled in 2020.
Monsignor Beausang died in August 2000.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Camden in New Jersey. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New Jersey, contact our office today. In October 2020, the Camden Diocese filed for federal bankruptcy protection. The Court will resolve all claims of sexual abuse in this process but strict filing deadlines will apply and no late claims will be considered, so contact us today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New Jersey and nationwide. We can help.