Father Carl Anthony Schipper
Archdiocese of San Francisco
- 1968-1970: St. Raymond’s (Menlo Park, CA)
- 1970-1972: Immaculate Heart of Mary (Belmont, CA)
- 1970-1979: Serra High School for Boys (San Mateo, CA)
- 1978-1981: Archdiocesan Board of Education (San Francisco, CA)
- 1978-1987: Department of [Catholic] Education (San Francisco, CA)
- 1987-1992: St. Gabriel’s (San Francisco, CA)
- 1992-2000: St. Patrick’s Seminary (Menlo Park, CA)
- 2000-2003: Administrative leave
- 2003: Retired
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Carl Anthony Schipper:
According to media reports, in 2000, a prominent San Francisco priest and educator, Fr. Carl Anthony Schipper, was arrested for sending harmful materials to minors over the internet. Records show that he was caught having sexually explicit conversations with undercover police officers posing as 13 to 15-year-old boys and inviting them to meet up with him. Schipper pleaded guilty and was sentenced to six months in jail and three years’ probation.
Schipper retired in 2003. He was then ordered to register as a sex offender.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of San Francisco, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.