Father Charles H. White
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1966-1967: St. Sebastian (Woodside, NY)
- 1968-1976: Holy Child Jesus (Richmond Hill, NY)
- 1977-1982: American Martyrs (Bayside, NY)
- 1983-1994: St. Helen (Howard Beach, NY)
- 1995-2004: St. Virgilius (Broad Channel, NY)
- 2005-2007: St. Mary Star of the Sea (Far Rockaway, NY)
- 2008-2018: Retired, St. Mary Star of the Sea (Far Rockaway, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Charles H White:
According to media reports, in 2018, Fr. Charles H White was accused of sexually abusing a child, from 1974 to 1978, while he served at American Martyrs in Bayside, New York. In February 2019, White’s name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Brooklyn’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. White retired in 2008.
During an investigation, it was discovered that another allegation had been made in 1999, and in 2004 the diocese determined it was not credible. The case was reopened and, this time the allegations deemed credible. It noted White was permanently removed from ministry in 2019.
His current whereabouts are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.