Brother Charles (Lucas) Cummings (Xaverian Brothers)
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1937-1939: Keith Academy (Lowell, MA)
- 1940-1942: St. Michael DHS (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1942-1951: Cardinal Hayes High School (Bronx, NY)
- 1952-1956: Archbishop Stepinac High School (White Plains, NY)
- 1957: St. Xavier (Louisville, KY)
- 1958: John Baptist (Bangor, ME)
- 1959: Our Lady of Good Counsel High School (Wheaton, MD)
- 1960-1966: Xaverian High School (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1967-1977: St. Xavier High School (Louisville, KY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Brother Charles (Lucas) Cummings:
Br. Charles (Lucas) Cummings was a member of the Brothers of St. Francis Xavier. According to media reports, in 2019, his name appeared publicly on the Xaverian Brothers’ list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors. It noted a report was made in 2018 alleging that Brother Cummings sexually abused at least one minor in 1968 in Louisville, Kentucky.
His whereabouts, status as a Brother, and access to children from when he retired in 1977 until his death are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.