Father Charles McGirr
Archdiocese of New York
Assigned as follows:
- 1931: Immaculate Conception (New York, NY)
- 1932-1933: St. Joseph’s (New York, NY)
- 1934-1935: Holy Cross (New York, NY)
- 1936: Our Lady of Good Counsel (New York, NY)
- 1937-1938: Absent on Leave
- 1939-1940: Our Lady of Vilna (New York, NY)
- 1941: St. Clement’s (New York, NY)
- 1942-1944: Our Lady of Mercy (Port Chester, NY)
- 1945: Holy Innocents (New York, NY)
- 1946-1949:Our Lady of Grace (Bronx, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Charles McGirr:
According to media reports, in April 2019, Fr. Charles McGirr’s name appeared on the Archdiocese of New York’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. The details of the allegations, including when and where the abuse occurred, are unknown. Claims against him are eligible to be settled through the Independent Reconciliation and Compensation Program (IRCP).
Information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims, the nature of the alleged sexual abuse, or McGirr’s assignments at the time of the alleged abuse is unknown.
McGirr died in 1949.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.