Monsignor Christian Van Liefde
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
Assigned as follows:
- 1973-1976 Holy Family (Glendale, CA)
- 1976-1977 St. Philomena (Carson, CA)
- 1976-1977 Bishop Montgomery High School (Torrance, CA)
- 1977-1979 San Roque; Bishop Diego Garcia High School (Santa Barbara, CA)
- 1979-1980 St. Bruno (Whittier, CA)
- 1979-1980 St. Paul High School (Santa Fe Springs, CA)
- 1980-1983 Our Lady of Loretto Church/High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1983-1985 St. Francis de Sales (Sherman Oaks, CA)
- 1985-1987 Los Angeles City Fire Department (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1987-1996 St. Hilary (Pico Rivera, CA)
- 1996 St. Francis Xavier (Pico Rivera, CA)
- 1997-1998 Unknown
- 1999-2002 St. Genevieve (Panorama City, CA)
- 2002 Administrative leave
- 2003-2020 Unknown
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Monsignor Christian Van Liefde:
Monsignor Christian Van Liefde was ordained a priest in 1973, who served in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, in 1992, a female student at Holy Family Church in Glendale, alleged that Monsignor Van Liefde sexually abused her in a car, at her parents’ home and at the beach in 1974. He denied allegations. He was investigated by police, and eventually placed on leave in 2002.
In 2003, Monsignor Van Liefde was named in a civil lawsuit alleging child sexual abuse. According to Diocesan records, in 2005, he was accused of sexual misconduct by the daughter of a family who were members of St. Kilian parish in Mission Viejo in the early 1970s when Monsignor Van Liefde was a seminarian there.
His name appeared on the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. His current whereabouts are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in California State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Los Angeles and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.