Father Cleve Carey
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- 1961-1963: St. Barnabas Catholic Church (Long Beach, CA)
- 1964-1966: St. Anthony of Padua (Gardena, CA)
- 1967: St. Kevin (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1968-1970: Holy Cross Catholic Church (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1971: St. Luke Hospital (Pasadena, CA)
- 1972-1974: Little Company of Mary Hospital (Torrance, CA)
- 1975-1976: St. Frances X Cabrini Catholic Church (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1976: Seal Beach (Retirement Community)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Cleve Carey:
Fr. Cleve Carey was ordained a priest in 1960, and served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, he was named in at least one civil lawsuit and accused of sexually abusing children between 1963 and 1966 while at St. Anthony of Padua in Gardena, CA. He retired in 1976 and died in May 1988. His status as a priest, whereabouts, and whether he had access to children from 1976 until his death in 1988 is unknown.
Fr. Carey’s personnel file was released in January 2013. His name was included on the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ 2004 list of priests accused of sexual misconduct involving minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.