Father Cornelius K. Murphy
Diocese of San Jose/Jesuits
- 1945-1946: Alma College (Alma, CA)
- 1946-1947: Our Lady of Martyrs (Auriesville, NY)
- 1947-1956: St. Joseph’s (Nome, AK)
- 1956-1965: Immaculate Conception (Fairbanks, AK)
- 1965-1973: St. Joseph’s (Nome, AK)
- 1965-1967: Immaculate Conception (Bethel, AK)
- 1965-1980: Family Life Office (Fairbanks, AK)
- 1971-1973: Tribunal (Fairbanks, AK)
- 1974-1978: Bishop’s Council (Fairbanks, AK)
- 1967-1982: Immaculate Conception (Fairbanks, AK)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Cornelius K. Murphy:
Fr. Cornelius K. Murphy, was a priest of the Oregon Province, ordained in 1945. He spent his entire career in Alaska.
According to media reports, there was one pending claim against Murphy shown in the bankruptcy reorganization documents for the Diocese of Fairbanks Diocese in 2010.
In 2018, Murphy was also included on the Jesuits West Province list named as being credibly accused of child sex abuse. It notes allegations reported in 2009 in reference to abuse that took place in 1964-1967.
Murphy died in 1982.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of San Jose, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.