Father Cornelius P. Leehan
Diocese of Oakland/Redemptorist
- 1949-1950: St. Thomas (Coeur d’Alene, ID)
- 1951-1954: St. Alphonsus’ (Fresno, CA)
- 1955: Unknown
- 1956-1958: St. Alphonsus Ligouri (San Leandro, CA)
- 1959-1962: St. Gerard Majella (Great Falls, MT)
- 1963-1964: 307 E. Kearney Blvd. (Fresno, CA)
- 1965-1966: St. Alphonsus Ligouri (San Leandro, CA)
- 1967: St. Mary’s of the Assumption (Whittier, CA)
- 1968-1971: Sacred Heart of Jesus (Seattle, WA)
- 1972- 1975: Holy Redeemer (Portland, OR)
- 1976-1978: Retreat (Tucson, AZ)
- 1979-1981: Picture Rocks Retreat House (Tucson, AZ)
- 1982-1984: Center for Parish Missions (Oakland, CA)
- 1985-1986: House on the Way (Oakland, CA)
- 1987: Center for Parish Missions (Oakland, CA)
- 1988: Our Lady of Lourdes (San Francisco, CA)
- 1989: Center for Parish Missions (Oakland, CA)
- 1990-1996: Redemptorists (Oakland, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Cornelius P Leehan:
Ordained a priest of the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer, Fr. Cornelius P Leehan was accused in a civil lawsuit in 2003 alleging sexual abuse by Leehan when the plaintiff was a young boy at St. Alphonsus Liguori in San Leandro, California. According to media reports, the victim also alleged that Leehan sexually abused him seven years later when he was reassigned to the parish.
The survivor said he told his father, who told him to tell no one and to never speak about a priest that way. He is named publicly on the Oakland Diocese’s list in 2019 of clergy credibly accused of sexual Abuse of a Minor.
Leehan died in 1996.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Oakland in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in California, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Oakland now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.