Father Daniel Cassiero
Archdiocese of New York
- 1969-1970: St. Teresa (New York, NY)
- 1971-1979: Monsignor Farrell High School (Oakwood, NY)
- 1980-1983: Air Force Chaplain (NY)
- 1983-1986: Cathedral of St. Patrick (New York, NY)
- 1984-1985: Military Chaplains (NY)
- 1987-1988: Military Chaplains (NY); Air Force Base, Plattsburgh, NY
- 1991-1992: Absent On Leave
- 1993-1996: Moore Catholic High School (New York, NY)
- 1997-2002: Absent On Leave
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Daniel Cassiero:
Fr. Daniel Cassiero was ordained a priest in the Archdiocese of New York in 1968. A former priest and Veteran, Cassiero was named publicly on the Archdiocese of New York’s 2019 List of Archdiocesan Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor or the Subject of Eligible IRCP Compensation Claims. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including when and where the alleged abuse occurred, or to the victim’s age/gender, are unknown.
Cassiero purportedly began working for the Department of Veterans Affairs in approximately 1995 until he retired in 2004. He then left the priesthood and moved to Albuquerque, New Mexico, with his partner and remained there until his death.
Cassiero died in 2009.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.