Father Daniel M. Dougherty
- 1928-1929: Unknown
- 1930-1942: St. Veronica’s (New York, NY)
- 1931: Motherhouse, Novitiate, and Scholasticate of the Sisters of Charity, (New York, NY)
- 1930-1932: College of Mount Saint Vincent (New York, NY)
- 1933-1942: St. Clare’s (New York, NY)
- 1943-1944: Blessed Sacrament (New Rochelle, NY)
- 1944-1954: Cathedral College (St. Joseph’s Seminary and College) (New York, NY)
- 1955-1972: St. Patrick’s (Verplanck, NY)
- 1973-1978: Retired
- 1976-1978: St. Patrick’s (Verplanck, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Daniel Dougherty:
Msgr. Daniel Dougherty was publicly named on the Archdiocese of New York’s 2019 List of Archdiocesan Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor or the Subject of Eligible IRCP Compensation Claims. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including when and where the abuse occurred, or the victim’s age/gender are unknown.
Dougherty reportedly ran a camp for seminarians at Clairvaux during the summers for approximately 30 years. Both the camp and Dougherty were well known to the priests of New York during his 50-year tenure.
Dougherty died in 1978 in Verplanck, New York.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.