Fr. David Chaloux
Diocese of Baton Rouge
Assigned as follows:
- Chaplain at East Baton Rouge Parish Prison
- St. Aloysius (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Chaplain at LA State Penitentiary (Angola, LA)
- Ascension of Our Lord (Donaldsonville, LA)
- Sacred Heart of Jesus “in residence” (Baton Rouge, LA)
- St. Pius X (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Our Lady of the Holy Rosary (St. Amant, LA)
- St. John the Evangelist (Plaquemine, LA)
- St. Joan of Arc (Bayou Pigeon, LA)
- St. John the Baptist (Brusly, LA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Fr. David Chaloux:
Fr. David Chaloux was ordained a priest in 1972, and served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of Baton Rouge. According to media reports, in was first named publicly as a priest accused of sexual abuse by the Diocese of Baton Rouge in 2019. This list includes names of clergy members who have credible allegations of sexual abuse of one or more minors or vulnerable adults which allegedly occurred within the Diocese of Baton Rouge after its formation in 1961.
The allegation against Chaloux was received on September 5, 2018, of abuse that occurred in the mid-1970’s while he was assigned to St. Aloysius in Baton Rouge. Information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims and the nature of the alleged sexual abuse was not provided by the Diocese of Baton Rouge.
Fr. Chaloux died in 1990.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Baton Rouge in Louisiana. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Louisiana, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Baton Rouge may now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Louisiana and nationwide. We can help.