Monsignor Gilbert Meyer
Diocese of Monterey
- 1942: Our Lady of Guadalupe (Bakersfield, CA)
- 1946: St. Brigid (Hanford, CA)
- 1950: Immaculate Heart of Mary (Hanford, CA)
- 1953: Our Lady of the Assumption (Watsonville, CA)
- 1967: Sacred Heart (Lindsay, CA)
- 1969: Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Bishop
- 1972: Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Bakersfield, CA)
- 1975: Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Bishop, CA)
- 1981: St. Francis (Mojave, CA)
- 1985: St. Joseph (Boron, CA)
- 1990: Retired
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Monsignor Gilbert Meyer:
Very little is known of Gilbert’s activities within the church as the Diocese of Monterey has not released any information about Gilbert’s assignment history. In addition, information about the age/gender of his alleged victims, the nature of the alleged sexual abuse, or Gilbert’s assignments at the time of the alleged abuse is unknown.
It is only noted that there was a report received in 2010 against Msgr. Meyer in reference to abuse that took place from 1961-1964. Msgr. Meyer died in 2020 at the age of 105 due to COVID-19.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Monterey in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Monterey now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Diocese of Monterey, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.